CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Confidence

Confidence is something that I have had to muster up multiple times in the last week. Turns out that Italy can be a rather intense place sometimes. My most recent adventure was getting the flu. I really don’t advise doing that when you are living with a woman who doesn’t speak any English and you are a 20 minute walk to her house. Every intention I had of calling home and posting just didn’t work out for me.

Traveling around Rome and the Amalfi Coast was amazing. I saw so many things that literally took my breath away, but we were all kind of excited to get to Siena so we had a home base. It is nice not to be living out of a suitcase and not to be living the frantic tourist life. I have definitely had my share of exciting experiences since I’ve gotten here though.

Here is a brief overview of the past week...


As I'm sure you can all imagine, packing became a bit crazy right there at the end. I ended up having to take out a few things to get the right weight, but it all worked in the end. Here I am at the airport ready to go, kind of. When Mom hugged me I had a strong wave of the what am I doing feeling.


One of my favorite things about Italy is the water fountains. They have these really cool fountains all over the place that just spout water. It makes me happy every time I see them. None of the boring metal fountains from the US.


Don't worry Mom, I did throw a coin into the Trevi fountain. Hopefully that means that I will return to Rome some day. Apparently I was really excited to be throwing the coin.


Here is a picture of a lot of the people I am with. Not all of them ended up in the picture, but it's the best I can do for now. The girls are really cute. Of course there are a few girls with stronger personalities that I don't always understand, but we've had a good time.


I could post so many pictures of the amazing things that I have seen, especially in Rome, but that would be way too much. I started to get on overload a bit with all of the things I was seeing. Truly amazing.


This is a picture of the Amalfi Coast where we stayed for three days. It truly was amazing and a kind of beautiful you don't see other places.


Believe it or not, I am actually drawing here in Italy, and I'm doing it a lot. It isn't quite as bad as a thought it was going to be, but we'll see how it goes in the future.


I don't have any great pictures of Siena yet, but I will post some later. The woman I am living with is so nice, but it is definitely hard. I have found myself wondering what in the world I am doing more than once. It's a bit exciting because we are actually living in a Bed and Breakfast, but you do what you can. Ciao from Siena!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Oh, wow, Kimberly--so great to see photos of you in Italy! So sorry you were sick--Mom was frantic trying to figure out where you were! Hope you're feeling better and figuring out how to live in a foreign country--what a great experience. Have fun drawing and cooking and learning--keep posting!

Mom said...

Yippee!!! I'm so glad you are back with us, Kimberly. No news is usually good news, but no news for a whole week is stretching it for an anxious mom. I knew you were frustrated in not finding good internet service, and not having a phone can really crimp your style, but it looks like communication will be better now. What a great experience so far - - there's so much to absorb and so many new feelings to feel. You know my heart is right there in Italy. Love you and miss you!