CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oh Lament

As I sat in Italian today I finally realized why I didn't understand what Enzo was talking about. I never learned anything in my English classes in the way of grammar. I'm pretty sure that my teachers tried, but it just never clicked. Or maybe I just never really cared. That might be it. Whatever the reason, I don't know my grammar and that causes problems. How am I supposed to figure out what's going on in Italian when I have no idea what's going on in my own language?

Somehow, it's all made better by the fact that I just drank a whole thing of milk in about a minute flat. I never knew that cold, pasteurized, NORMAL milk could make a person so happy.

3 comments:

L. Laws said...

also did that same thing with the milk.

E. said...

kind of thinking along those same grammar lines, but not---I'm wondering why I have to know the twistiest rules when I'm quite sure the Italians don't know them at all.

stephanie said...

ha! grammar really does matter outside of a high school English classroom! glad to hear you're well--glad you had some good milk. makes you appreciate Winder Dairy. love you!