CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

My Adventures of Late

You know those days when you feel like telling about what you're doing won't do it justice? I've had a few of those this week. Instead of trying to do the days justice, I think I'll just post some pictures and give little snippets of information. Maybe that'll help you understand more.




First order of business, let me tempt you with some of the amazing food that I have eaten this week. It has been a week of plenty. In cooking this week we did a vegetarian menu and it almost convinced me that I should be vegetarian. The top item is a crepe filled with cooked vegetables in a light sauce with both a cream and tomato sauce on top. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The next is an apple torte. The recipe was actually created by the chef we work with and it was incredible. (Apparently he has a book of his recipes being published right now, a purchase you should all consider making.) The bottom picture is in Florence. Leah, Peter's wife, found this shop there that makes the best bread. Although I was not particularly hungry at this point, I found it incredibly easy to consume all of the bread. To top it all off, I had a strawberry and cream tart today. I don't have a picture, but do you really need one to know how good it was?




This is how I've felt all week. I'm pretty sure that 75% of my time has been spent with my head back as far as it goes. Italy can't be good for your neck! It sure is worth it though.


Long story short, we got lost in Florence. Are you surprised?





All in all, today was amazing. We visited Buonconvento and Monte Olivieto and it was an ideal Italy day. The first picture is a view from Siena where we waited for our bus. It was rough. The second and third are views of and from the mentioned cities. We also got to eat lunch at this awesome restaurant. We had an awkward amount of money left in our budget so Peter took us all out to lunch. It was so fun to all eat together.


To top off your taste of my week, here's a picture of our whole group. It's not very often when we are all together and have enough time and a good location to get a group picture.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look like you are about to cry from happiness in the picture of you in Monte Olivieto :) Silly Kim you shouldn't cry while you are in Italy!

Jennie said...

check out your cute scarf. and everyone's jackets. is it starting to get cold?

stephanie said...

love the photos--thanks for posting! enjoy the rest of conference--when you are in another country, conference is 10 times better & more meaningful than when you're at home. love you!

Mom said...

O.K. I'm officially jealous. I just knew I should have signed up to go to Italy with you!

Ashley said...

Do you think there will be even one picture without a huge smile on your face? Even in the one where you are eating the bread you look amazingly happy! So glad you are loving every minute...it was fun to see you on skype last night! Love you!

Kimberly said...

I really don't know if it's possible to not have a huge smile on my face. I feel a little silly sometimes but oh well. As for Jennie's question, yes it is getting cold. It's actually been extrememly cold for a while now I just haven't been willing to wear a scarf in September. It seems to go against my instincts.